My client is into road construction and seeks to engaged a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Materials Engineer.
The job role of a materials engineer involves the following duties:
- Researching the properties of materials
- Selecting the best materials for specific purposes, i.e. lightest, most hard-wearing
- Testing materials under different conditions to assess how resistant they are, i.e. to heat, corrosion or chemical attack
- Analyzing material test data using modelling software
- Investigating structural issues and advising on material maintenance and repair
- Calculating material costs and advising on the best products to use
- Writing reports for project engineers and managers
- Developing building prototypes
- Considering waste/environmental impact arising from material use
- Working in a manufacturing plant, laboratory or office.